Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Guest Gift Idea

So! In the vein of love songs for a wedding, something I thought would be a really sweet gift for your guests would be a CD of all of your (you and your partner's) favorite songs. Good songs, like the one I posted a link to a couple of days ago, are great to listen to anyway, and it would be so sweet if the insert was of pictures of the two of you, or stories about why you like the songs that are on the CD.

Songs that I like, that could go on my CD:

  • I Love Little Baby Ducks, by Tom T. Hall

  • Home, Edward Sharp and The Magnetic Zeros
  • Basket, Dan Mangan



  • The Book of Love, Peter Gabriel


  • Elephant Love Medley, from Moulin Rouge


  • Kick in the Head, Dean Martin




  • Such Great Heights, either Iron and Wine (original) or Postal Service ( I like them both!!)

 This is the Postal Service.


 This is Iron and Wine.

  • Falling in Love in a Coffee Shop, Landon Pigg



  • I Believe in a Thing Called Love, The Darkness

  • Love Today, Mika

  • Somewhere Over the Rainbow, Israel  Kamakawiwo'ole
  • Nightminds, Missy Higgins
  • Her Morning Elegance, Oren Lavie

  •  Lost in Singapore, Pearl and the Beard

  • That Thing You Do, The Wonders

  • Hey Soul Sister (Because it's the best song ever. EVER.), Train

  • Falling Slowly, Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova, from the movie Once

  • Sorest of Eyes, William Elliot Whitmore


  • Almost Like Being in Love, Nat King Cole

  • L.O.V.E., Nat King Cole  (I couldn't find any videos!!) 
  • You and I, Ingrid Michaelson

      I might add more later. It was just a quickie idea!!

      4 comments:

      1. You should give me some credit for some of those songs. Just saying.

        ReplyDelete
      2. This is true. You deserve credit for the Magnetic Zero's song, the Book of Love, and the Elliot Whitmore.

        ReplyDelete