Friday, June 24, 2011

Eyeshow, The Epic Way

Well, I stumbled on this artist while perusing Disney's revolting (sorry, it is) dream weddings site. Perhaps I shouldn't begrudge rich people fairy-tale weddings. I just...yeck. Not for me!

In any case, onto Ms. Katie Alves, who has some of the most stunningly beautiful, and minute! artwork I've seen in a while. Katie captures whimsical scenes from Disney movies (and holidays) on her eyelids, of all places. She uses a variety of shadows, eyeliners, and ocassionally, needles, to get the super fine details you see on these lids. My two favorites are the ones inspired by the Disney movies Tangled, and The Nightmare Before Christmas, and the peacock feathers, shown below.



Let me see your peacock-cock, your peacock-cock...

Tangled
Nightmare Before Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment